Friday, January 11, 2019

Thraxas of Turai - Book 11 in Series

Thraxas of Turai, book eleven in the series, has now been published. It's available as a paperback and as an ebook.

Paperback  - amazon.com  - amazon.co.uk

ebook  - amazon.com  - amazon.co.uk
 

Thraxas of Turai is the eleventh book in the series. Thraxas, perhaps the doughtiest warrior ever born within that city's walls, (as he describes himself) is almost home. The army led by Lisutaris reaches Turai, ready to retake their city. Thraxas begins the book in some trouble, having been flung in the stockade following a disreputable brawl, but will soon be back in action, investigating a politically awkward murder while making ready for battle. At his side is Makri, whose mathematical skills are called upon for some complicated sorcerous calculations designed to bring down the walls. There are dragons in the sky, hostile forces ahead, and, worst of all as far as Thraxas is concerned, a general beer shortage. When this is all over, Thraxas intends to spend the rest of his days sitting comfortably in his favourite tavern. But first, he has a city to retake.
ISBN 978-1792849992

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant - made my day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:25 pm

    Is there any word on a book 12? I burnt through all 11 very quickly. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I don't write as quickly as I used to. But there will be another Thraxas book next year.

      Delete
  3. Will Thraxas ever find happiness? Will Makri ever be admitted to University? Or find the meaning behind her prophecy? How's Dandelion? You're my favorite author! Thraxas is my favorite since Lux the Poet which is my all time favorite book. I hope that you will continue the Thraxas novels. They're amazing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will Turai ever be reclaimed? What's going on with Cicerus?I love Droo and worry about never seeing her again. I feel like Thraxas as In a dark place after book 11. Is he going to find peace? Will Makri ever be admitted to university? Will her prophecy ever be reconciled? Thraxas is my favorite series of yours with Lux the Poet being my favorite book of all time. I really hope that a continuation is in the cards. I don't know what I'd do if you never completed the series but I do know that I would never stop thinking about what is going to happen. Thank you for your skill. I really appreciate just about every story you tell. Thank you again and I hope to ready more soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alys, I'm glad you're enjoying the series. I probably shouldn't say too much about what will happen in the next book, but Dandelion will undoubtedly have survived by hiding with the dolphins. And Cicerius is still alive. But as for what will happen now they're entering Turai again, I'm not certain. I've been keen to get Thraxas back to the city, I have more to write about him there.

      Delete
  5. Is the game niarit based on a real game? I love the way you describe the game in the books and it seems like such a cool game. If it's not based on a real game do you have rules besides the ones you mention in the books? I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alys - I don't think Niarit is based on a real game, at least I can't remember basing it on anything. I think i just made up some fantasy-world combination of chess and Dungeons and Dragons.

      Delete
  6. I first read Thraxas in 2003, fell in love with it right away. I searched for the 9th book for years until i found it online. I read 9, 10 and 11 in 3 days, just want to thank you for giving us this story and hope you will manage to produce an ending. I wish you a lot of success and muse in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this comment, I'm pleased you like the books. I'm working on book 12 now.

      Delete
  7. Do you have any idea when you might finish? I'm so excited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work has been goig slowly I'm afraid. Still, I hope it will be published in March or April 2022.

      Delete
  8. That's exciting though!I hope you're doing well. You're a really amazing writer. We all appreciate everything you do.

    ReplyDelete