Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thraxas Book 12 Ebook – Slight Delay

Some delay in the ebook of Thraxas Meets His Enemies, due to an error in the supplier's copy. They've corrected that now and it should be arriving at ebook sellers in the next few days. Meanwhile here are some notes on Thraxas.

1) I should have planned more before I started. My total thought process before writing the first Thraxas book was 'How about having a detective in some sort of Tolkien-like world?' That was my entire planning. I really should have thought about it more.
2) At first I imagined the books as more noir. I have enjoyed Raymond Chandler. That didn't last long, probably because Thraxas and Makri became quite funny together.
3) Madeline Rae Mason, photographer and model, is the model on all the covers, and went above and beyond in her efforts. The work she put in to make herself look like that and take the pics was worth more than I paid her. Thanks Madeline.
3) Thraxas is now surrounded by women, in an odd, unplanned way. Many of them giving him a hard time. Makri, savage fighter and companion, Lisutaris, most powerful sorcerer, Tanrose, valued provider of pies, Hanama, cold-hearted assassin, Tirini, fashionable sorcerer, Anumaris, eager young sorcerer, Droo, enthusiastic young Elf, and Deeziz, orcish enemy sorcerer. Even Dandelions, dolphin-friend and barmaid. He seems to have only one male friend, Gurd. I don't know why this happened.
4) Thraxas shares his impressive girth with Falstaff, and his appetites for food, drink and bragging. Importantly, however, Thraxas is brave. The underdog detective does not run away from a fight, and neither does Thraxas.
5) Orbit Publisher. They supported Thraxas for the first eight books before pulling out. Not so bad, I suppose, though they were never any good at promoting them.




No comments:

Post a Comment